Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lionfish Man WIP

This guy is something I've been working on for a bit. I've always liked lion fish and I thought it would be really cool to imagine what a mutated anthropomorphic version would look like. I'm entering him in the Mutation Nation challenge over at Art Order, which is due April 11.

There are several other sketches I've done, and I have a few other ideas for compositions, so my final image may change. Right now, he's naked and has no bad-ass weapon to pillage and plunder with - other than his venomous spines, of course. I'll have to remedy that in the next post.

Photoshop

4 comments:

Piya said...

Hey, I'm using a lionfish too! Great minds think alike right? :-) Great work there Kim. I love the fish face.

Anonymous said...

damn cool! -marky b (from beep beep)

K. Feigenbaum said...

Piya: Indeed! I saw your entry on Art Order, very cool. Lionfish are the best. They have very expressive faces (for fish, that is).

Mark: Thanks for commenting!

SOiNTOiT said...

WHAT an imagination!!!! Thank you!