Monday, February 21, 2011

Creature Concept: The Ancient One

This guy was created for another CGHub activity - Creature Planets Activity #32. The concept was "the ancient one" and we also had to create an idea for the planet on which this critter lived. I thought of an animal that would grow large in maturity and would have no natural predators as an adult. The planet has abundant resources and a mild climate. These combined factors allow adults to reach extreme old age. That's the basic idea, anyway. I think there is more potential in this design and I plan to develop it further.


 I'm very excited to announce that my design won this challenge and it was featured as an editor's pick on CGHub!

5 comments:

Emily said...

By a landslide! Congrats!

Johnny Perez said...

This is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

It seems you keep getting better... I think you made a pact with a drawing imp.

K. Feigenbaum said...

Emily: Yeah, no kidding! I never thought that many people on a CG art site would vote for a graphite drawing. cool.

JP: Thanks!

"anonymous": drawing imp? You can only draw slash fiction if you make a pact with a drawing imp. If you really want to be serious you have to go straight to the devil.

Furman said...

Love the feeling of confidence and majesty in this piece.