Saturday, June 27, 2009

After the Convention...

I've finally caught up on sleep after attending Heroes Con last weekend. I had a great time and made some money, too. It was a pleasure meeting up with some old friends. My friend from ConceptArt.org, Charlie Harper, was there and he introduced me to Bobby Chiu from Imaginism Studios. Although we only got the chance to hang out one night, I had a lot of fun and Bobby is really good at storytelling. He also offered some very sage-like advice regarding our portfolios and the presentaiton of our art.

Several people asked for commissions over the weekend and I only have a picture of one of them (one of these days I will be able to afford a digital camera).


Namor Convention Sketch



I also had the pleasure of meeting Scott Adsit who plays Pete Hornberger on "30 Rock" which is one of my favorite shows. I have to admit, I geeked out a little and my friends at the table will probably never stop making fun of me for it. He was a really cool guy though, and he seemed to enjoy speaking with the various artists at the con.




Next up is Dragon Con!

1 comment:

MuYoung Kim said...

Oooh, if you have more pictures, please post them. I love seeing convention pics!

...And, it's a bummer hearing that you won't be going to SD Comic Con. :(